Heathrow Airport Disabled Facilities
Heathrow Airport is quite friendly to disabled people and those needing special assistance.
All terminals offer:
- Wider access pathways
- Telephones at a height accessible to wheelchair users
- Disabled toilet facilities
- Reserved seating for disabled people in check-in areas
- Wheelchair / access ramps, lifts and reserved seating inside the airport departure lounges
- Many hearing-impaired help facilities - look for the usual icons
For general advice and information regarding the special needs facilities at Heathrow Airport telephone: +44 (0)870 000 0123
Travel-Care is an independent agency offering assistance to anyone at Heathrow Airport who has a problem. Travel-Care can be found in the Queens Building inbetween Terminals 1 and 2 and is open from Monday to Friday from 09:00 - 17:00 (closed Saturday / Sunday and Bank Holidays). Telephone: +44 (0)208 745 7495
Make sure you inform your travel agent and airline of your needs so that the airport and airline can work together to make your time inside the airport building as comfortable as possible.
Guide dogs for the partially sighted are allowed inside the airport.
Wheelchair and baggage assistance at Heathrow can be arranged via +44(0)20 8745 6011.